Welcome to Poverty Bay Blues Club Incorporated
We have been providing live blues music in Gisborne for the past 17 years!
As an Incorporated society we have a constitution that outlines for following core activities;
- To promote and further the playing, performance, enjoyment and study of blues music by way of concerts, public performances, tution, encouragement and support to Blues musicians of all ages and those interested in Blues.
- To nurture and develop Blues among young and aspiring musicians.
- To develop a network of people with a common interest in Blues Music.
- To generally do and carry out all things that are likely to further or promote Blues music, musicians and social activities between members.
- To welcome and host visiting musicians both from NZ and overseas.
We are run by a team of volunteers who form our committee for 2024;
Club President – Darren Hart
Vice President – Iain Diamond
Club Captain – Robyne McKeague
Club Treasurer – Ernie White
Club Secretary – Stella Kristell
Committee Members – Dave McCall, Hine Moeke-Murray, Jason Akuhuta-Brown, Ross McKeague, Jasmine Taare
Honorary Life Members include;
Papa Ralph Walker – Club Kaumatua
Club Patron – David Parquette
March the 16th is the date for our premier event of the year!
The Big Blues Up – Home Grown Edition
Featuring some of Tairawhiti’s most talented Blues Musicians.
Tickets Available Online here!
Then on Sunday the 17th at 1pm, also at Smash Palace we are hosting and Youth Guitar and Music promotion workshop,
its free to come along and will be lead by the talented Tyna Keelan.
Register for the workshop on the events page here.
Upcoming Jam nights for 2024 are as follows;
March 5th 2024 – 7pm start
April 2nd 2024 – 7pm start
May 7th – 8pm start
June 4th – 8pm start
July 2nd – 8 pm start
August – 8pm start
September – 8pm start
October 1st – 8pm start
November 5th – 7pm start
December 3rd – 7pm start
An annual membership costs only $30 for the year for an individual and only $40 for a couple.
Right now you can buy a single membership for $50 and you’ll get a fabulous Highway 35 Blues Highway Club tee shirts for half price!
Go to our membership page to choose the best Membership option for you!